Thursday, September 17, 2009

Off to AC

Obviously as soon as I post on my blog that I am doing well in a mtt I snap bust in it. I ended up taking 8th in the WPT event here, giving me 2 1sts, a 2nd, a 5th, a 7th, and an 8th in WPT events, which I think is pretty decent for 3 years worth of playing. I just need to crack off one more to be in the record books. I made one semiloose call down in the tournamant based on an incorrect read, which is never fun. Besides that, I think I played about as perfect as I know how.

Last night I somehow ended up playing a $2000 8 person sng against a bunch of semidrunk semiprofessional poker players. I chopped it with Kelly Kim, bringing in $7000 profit for me. Too bad I lost $5000 in Chinese poker to them shortly after. It is amazing for sickly hot I ran in the sng and how bad I ran at Chinese. I guess thats just how poker works. Anyways, that +2000 put me even on the trip (not counting the WPT cash) so I am happy to leave with as much as I brought.

I am flying back to Vegas in 10 hours or so. I am dreading the 24 hour flight, considering I have finally got myself back on USA time. I am sure the flight will basically ruin that though. As soon as I get back to Vegas, I will have one day to pay bills and do laundry before flying to Atlantic City for their WPT event. It is only a $3500 but I expect it to get around 1500 people. It feels almost dirty to fly that far for a $3500, but maybe they have the right idea. Hopefully I can make my 4th deep run in WPT events in a row and make something nice happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment